TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) is the method of pain treatment with electrical stimulation. On a high frequency setting, the electrical stimulation from the electrodes block the pain signals in the nerves from reaching your brain for immediate pain relief. A low frequency treatment aims to stimulate the production of endorphins. Endorphins are your body's natural pain blocker.
Doctors have been using TENS for years to treat pain from low back pain, arthritis, migraines, joint pain, cervical pain, and many other common pain symptoms. It is a non-invasive treatment with no side effects.
The ReliaMed Digital TENS Unit is a portable TENS unit that anyone can use to effectively treat your symptoms can carry with you whenever needed. The digital controls allow for easy setup of your desired treatment settings and treatment time.
- Features dual, isolated channels with asymmetrical, biphasic output, adjustable pulse amplitude and pulse rate
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) indicates operation modes and output
- Multiple modes and built-in timer provide wide range of treatment options that can be locked into the unit by a physician
- Features 5 modes: burst; continuous; modulation; strength, duration and rate modulation; and strength, duration and width modulation
- Timer can be set for 15, 30, or 60 minute treatment periods; or continuous
- Adjustable pulse intensity, rate and width
- Pulse rate is adjustable from 1 - 160Hz; 1 Hz/step from 1 - 20 Hz; and 5 Hz/step from 20 - 160 Hz
- Pulse width is 50 µS - 260 µS (adjustable), 10 µS/step
- Pulse intensity is adjustable 0 - 80 mA peak
- 500 ohm load into each channel, constant current
- Utilizes standard lead wires and pigtail-style electrodes
- When mode is changed, output resets to zero, then ramps up to original setting intensity to protect user from a sudden surge
- Patient compliance feature displays treatment time in hours
- Patient lock system prevents user from changing fixed parameters set by physician
- Protective caps over amplitude adjustment knobs prevent unintended changes to pulse amplitude
- Includes caps over buttons, hard plastic carrying case, 2 lead wires, 4 electrodes (1 pack), 9-volt alkaline battery and instructions
- 1 year warranty